Monday, July 20, 2009

Drifting, Falling

Took in an Indians game on Sunday with Sarah, my brother, and my niece. On the plus side, it was a beautiful (if unseasonably mild) summer day with a very welcome cool breeze that kept us cool as we sat in direct sunlight for the entirety of the proceedings.

On the minus side, I forgot my camera (oops), and this was perhaps the most uninspiring game I've seen yet from this team, who managed to come back from an early deficit to tie the Seattle Mariners at 3-3, only to once again have the god damnable bullpen fritter the game away in late innings. The fact that we were starting to join in the heckling of Kerry Wood during the ninth inning should speak volumes as to just how dispiriting this season continues to be on even long-suffering masochists such as I.

Oh, and my updated win-loss attendance record: 16-11 (.593). Hmm, looks like I might want to restrict the number of games I attend this season if I wish to keep a winning percentage...

NP: Foals Antidote

No comments: