Saturday, April 05, 2008

1991: The Industrial Revolution

Sometime in November of 1989, I snatched a promotional copy of Ministry's The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste from Record Den and brought it over to Brian's father's house for some warped entertainment. Playing it quietly on the stereo downstairs that night was underwhelming to say the least, and a few weeks later, the CD ended up sold to Record Exchange or something like that. No skin off of my back.
About two years later, reading through a copy of Scene, I happened across a review of the Ministry video shot live on the Mind tour. The write-up sounded like a hoot, so I grabbed a copy from work and went home to watch it and catch what all the buzz what about. My parents were out of town that weekend night, so I let the stereo rip this time and watched something out of A Clockwork Orange with a score by an insane batch of motorheads on speed.

No comments: