Sunday, March 23, 2008

One Last Arctic Blast (?)

Looking south towards the now walled-off Route 2.Ok, this is getting a bit silly.

Weather-wise, March has been a complete bitch of a month around here. Exactly two weeks after the biggest snowstorm I can remember since I was 8 or 9 years old slammed into the area (and gave our sales figures a serious black eye that might take months to make up for), one more late season snow storm crept into the area Friday night and wound up dumping another foot of snow all over Lake County.

The snowglobe of spring.If nothing else, this gives me the opportunity to introduce you all to the imaging powers of my new Sony Cybershot DSC-W200 digital camera. As I write this, we are only 8 days from the first game of the 2008 baseball season at Progressive Field (which is half the reason I bought this new toy in the first place). I am becoming more and more sure by the hour that I'll be watching this game in a scarf, gloves, two sweaters and a winter hat. :-\

Me standing in the midst of the maelstrom.Happy Easter from Northeast Ohio!

2 comments:

Mr. Newit said...

Isn't that a lot of clothes to wear for opening day? I mean, since you will be watching the game on television while they play it in Phoenix or some other godforsaken, yet warm, location.

Now if baseball were a real game they'd still play in the snow. Man, they even stop in the rain. What a gathering of tremulous twinkies...

vbc3 said...

Isn't that a lot of clothes to wear for opening day? I mean, since you will be watching the game on television while they play it in Phoenix or some other godforsaken, yet warm, location.

No, I'll actually be watching the festivities in the upper deck, about 20 miles or so from where I'm sitting right now.

Now if baseball were a real game they'd still play in the snow.

This is what last year's opening day game looked like (well, what was played of it, at least).

Better grab your hat and mittens and get sized for a Tribe cap, buddy. ;)