Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spume

Goat, I am beat right now ...

Spent the last two days at work re-wiring (or replacing) speakers, and my limbs are presently yelling at me for all of the stretching and reaching from the stepladder I had to do to run the new wire over and under fixtures and hidden behind acoustical ceiling tiles.

This was supposed to be a one-two hour project, tops, but thanks to doing this with a regular of ours who is a bit of a perfectionist woodpecker, it wound up taking the entirety of Tuesday and a chunk of today to get everything looking and sounding good. Once that was completed, there was a lot of re-thinking and re-arranging of counter space that had to be done in order to relocate the amp and CD player since we ended up short two feet of wire where it mattered the most (of course). The rest of tonight was a mad dash of getting caught up with orders, inventory adjustments, program buy-ins and ticketing/shelving stock to avoid falling two days behind on the assorted busywork. Ugh.

Incidentally, as far as that situation at work last week is concerned, things will be turning out for the best after all as the new release shipment problem we had has apparently been corrected ... it's just too bad that the one week everything went freakin' haywire was a heavy release week, so we have quite a few albums by Prince, Ben Harper and My Chemical Romance (not to mention a pile of South Park DVDs) that will be stinking up the place for a while. Dohhhhh.

Finally, in late-breaking news, Moe has a heretofore-undiscovered passion for roast beef. I had brought home a sandwich from Arby's with me, and the scent of it had Moe up the kind of invasive antics he hasn't attempted since he was a kitten (including trying to leap directly onto the sandwich itself, and then finding every possible way to get his head in between me and my dinner). I think he is still sniffing around for it as I type this, the little goon ...

No comments: